Ash Edmondson understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. I respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.ashedmondson.co.uk and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with my obligations and your rights under the law.
Information About Me
This Site is owned and operated by Ash Edmondson.
What Does This Policy Cover?
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and my use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about my collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you (please contact us);
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact us);
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, but if you would like us to delete it sooner, please contact us);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about my use of your personal data, please contact me and I will do my best to solve the problem for you. If I are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
What Data Do I Collect?
Depending upon your use of my website, I may collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal data:
- business/company name;
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- IP address;
- web browser type and version;
- operating system;
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on my site, and the site you exit to;
How Do I Use Your Data?
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. I will comply with my obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times.
My use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for my performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to my use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in my legitimate interests. Specifically, I may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on my site;
- Supplying my products and services to you (please note that I require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- Replying to emails from you;
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your request to opt out);
- Market research;
- Analysing your use of my site and gathering feedback to enable me to continually improve my Site and your user experience;
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, I may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone or post with information, news and offers on my products and services. I will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that fully protect your rights and comply with my obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that I delete it.
I do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
How and Where Do I Store Your Data?
I only keep your personal data for as long as I need to in order to use it as described above and/or for as long as I have your permission to keep it.
Some or all of your data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using my website and submitting information to us. If I do store data outside the EEA, I will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Steps I take to secure and protect your data include:
- Ensuring that your connection to my website is secure; and
- Ensuring that internal access to all personal information I hold is secured by appropriate measures.
Do I Share Your Data?
I will not share any of your data with any third parties for any purposes.
I may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, I will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, my obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
I may compile statistics about the use of my site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. I may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
I may sometimes use third party data processors that are located outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). Where I transfer any personal data outside the EEA, I will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR.
In certain circumstances, I may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal data, for example, where I are involved in legal proceedings, where I are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
How Can You Control Your Data?
When you submit personal data via my website, you may be given options to restrict my use of your data. In particular, I aim to give you strong controls on my use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in my emails and at the point of providing your details).
You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
Your Right to Withhold Information
You may access my site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on my site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and I will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact us for more details at email@example.com
Ash Edmondson does not represent, warrant, endorse or hold responsibility over any external sites that may be linked to and from this site. Any external site that you visit by clicking through a link on this site is outside the control of Ash Edmondson and you visit entirely at your own risk.